Sunday, 22 July 2012
Friday, 20 July 2012
Furyfire review & usage guide
Hi, I am reviewing the Furyfire, a pump action dart tag gun with 11 bullet capacity (counting the one in the handle) and it would be one of the best guns here due to it's similarity to the maverick but more darts.
Someone else's Furyfire.
Range: 7/10. When aimed flat (aka.accuracy range) it is around 15 feet which is pretty upsetting, but when I aimed it at an angle, it flew near the 25 feet mark which isn't bad.
Rate of fire: 9/10. For a spring blaster, couldn't be better. The shotgun pump grip provides quick cocking and when done right, It can achieve the ROF of a vulcan (well, almost).
Reliability: 8/10. Being a revolver, it jams less. The only time it could jam is when a dart doesn't come out properly, making the gun jam.
Accuracy: 8/10. Since this gun has a long barrel, The bullet has more accuracy than a maverick. You should be able to hit a target as small as a fork from 15 feet.
Dart storage. 7/10. Having 10 darts in your gun makes you the king of the hill back in 2006. Now, you are screwed unless if you have some ammo near you.
Overall: 7.8/10 with the all round of a maverick but more ammo and iron sights still in use while cocking, This was a smart choice for the ex-official dart tag league gun and is a personal favorite of many nerfers.
- While the pump is pulled back pull the trigger and keep pulling until you release the pump-grip and the bullet fires out. Repeat quickly for a rate of fire similar to the one's of a stampede.
- Use the ammo space provided in the handle. Once you have around 4 darts left, take cover and use the dart in the handle. Also, when your main dart storage is full, use the mentioned compartment.
- Use the iron sights and angle if necessary. It has deadly accuracy for the first 15 feet. If you need accuracy and a quick shot for 15-20 feet (any closer will not need to use the sights) only use the front sight and align it with the target. You should be able to hit a human sized target.
Thursday, 19 July 2012
Okay, so let's check Facebook first
checking... checking... okay, we have a cool Asian guy holding a Rayven (Bryan Howard) and the Pryagon is on display. That's it.
Let's see the official website
I was led to the Chinese website, so I used Google translate. Reskults: The Rayven is named as Heat Luminous emission and the Lumatron as... LET ME SHOW YOU!!!!
Nerf Dart tag Sharp Shot review & usage guide
ReviewHi this is a review to the single shot of dart tag: the sharp shot! The sharp has a plunger, spring and o-ring similar to a maverick (reverse plunger) and a loading of a nite finder! I got the images and ranges from: http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/Sharp_Shot , so I suggest you go there. (The rankings are my own)
Range 7/10 for the older one. 9/10 for the newer ones. 15-30 ft for the older one but around 50 ft for the newer ones
Rate of fire 4/10. I would normally give a 2 or a 3 to single shots but since this one is funneled muzzled, I would give it a 4
Reliability 9/10. Just lost 1 mark for not firing streamlines, but that's so close and It is comfortable to hold.
Accuracy 9/10 If it has good range, it is usually has good accuracy, that's why it's called sharp shot!!!
Dart storage 4/10 That's the only downside. Now, guns have 18 darts or more that render this gun's ammo storage puny.
Overall 6.6/10, a good alternative to the Nite Finder but it requires around $30 HKD more I'll just stick to the nite finder.
Since this gun is a single shot and has good range, this is my recommendation for usage
- Stay far from the enemy, this gun has very good range and accuracy
- Don't take out a large group, use a gun like a Rayven or a Stampede
- Use this for offense, this is light and small so it's easy for stealth
- Run quick, if you're slow (no offence) you can't doge darts so better take them all out with a more expensive gun like a Vulcan.
- If you have any better guns (clip system, revolver, etc.) Then use it!
- Dual wielding single shots would give you twice amount of shots before reloading but reloading would be a pain unless if you are super fast! (better dual wield barricades/RF20s/SnapFires/etc. it would take much longer time to run out of ammo)
- Stay smart and don't go head in an enemy base with this. Unless if only 1 person is guarding it which is hard to find.
Wednesday, 18 July 2012
First, I would want Urban Taggers for posting this on his site because I was too busy in a robotics summer camp (What??? You think that I would be blogging 24 hours a day?!) and I was also relived that there's another nerfer in HK. I would post up a few pictures, but since it's Urban Taggers' information (methinks) I would just put a link to his site for more pictures: http://urbantaggers.blogspot.hk/2012/07/nerf-promo-vehicle-in-hong-kong-mr.html#more
Above: The truck. Below: Wait, is that in the town I live in???
Sunday, 8 July 2012
I know you maverick users would be sad while reading this but anyway... I believe the maverick is now outclassed for a number of reasons: 1.The fury fire has 10 dart storage and has similar internals. 2.If you don't like it, than the barricade has 10 darts and has semi auto. If you are sniper, then the spectre is a good option as it revolves by priming, making careful shots easier. But still, mavericks are good for all levels being an all-around blaster and a excellent sidearm-provided you have a holster.